Will advertising for legal services be successful in a community with members aged 18 to 25? Is it worth advertising a blog for permanent makeup artists in an account that posts content about fishing and car repair? The examples are pretty trivial. But it is they who demonstrate that it is necessary to promote the product “to their own people.”
Those potential buyers, readers, or customers who are more likely to be interested in your offer. This category of users entered the dictionary of marketers as a “target audience.”
Concept and Definition
A target audience is a group of users to which your advertising messages are directed. In simple terms, potential consumers may be interested in your offer. Why did this happen? It’s simple: your product or service solves the problem of a particular consumer, responds to his “pain,” and satisfies his needs.
In modern marketing, it is customary to distinguish several types of target audiences:
Main and indirect. The first one initiates a purchase, influences the final decision of the consumer, and, hence, the sales volume.
The second one turns the decision into action. So, when promoting a brand of soft toys, the main target audience will be children who are eager to get these toys.
The indirect target audience, in this case, is their parents who pay for the purchase.
There are quite a few ways to find our clients. We will list the most popular and effective ones.
Topic hashtags are another powerful way to segment your audience. Find 10–15 key phrases that reflect the topic of your product.
If you are selling women’s clothing, the tags are “clothes,” “dresses,” “skirts,” “women’s jacket,” and so on. People in whose publications such words appear may well become your potential customers.
Competitor Analysis A
There’s an eager and happy shopping audience with your direct competitors. Find several profiles with a large audience offering a similar product. Examine the comments; this is where the most active users gather. Study the accounts of these people to get an idea of their age, profession, financial situation, and preferences.
It will not be possible to reach the entire audience of competitors in this way, and it is not necessary. A rough portrait of your target audience will already be ready.
An excellent way to gather information and create a portrait of the target audience. Conduct user polls. Take an interest in their age, occupation, preferences, tastes. For example, you are selling swimwear. Display a post with several photos of different models and invite users to choose a favorite.
Retaining subscribers quickly and for free is not that hard. Here are some recommendations:
- Create a clear promotion strategy. Ideally, a content plan for the next month with an indication of what will be in the posts and what will be the topic of the profile.
- Think over the design of the page. Avatar without small signatures, keywords in the login, the main competitive advantages in the profile description.
- Post content regularly. One post a month is unlikely to draw attention to the page. The optimal frequency of publications is 1–2 per day. Moreover, here it is important to take into account the time of day. It makes no sense to count on tons of responses if your potential clients are immersed in their work.
- Don’t forget about the text. Beautiful pictures, not supported by a high-quality description, have long been of no interest to anyone. People like to read, think, analyze, and express their opinions. Give them this opportunity.
- Combine different types of content. The same old thing quickly gets monotonous. To not only attract but also retain subscribers, the content must be diverse. Alternate between photos and videos, posts with long text, and a short description. Use personal experiences and life stories. Don’t forget about surveys and contests.